How Prepaid Cards Work
The NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card is a smarter way to manage your money and it's safer than carrying cash.
Open a NetSpend Card Account
It's simple. Just provide us with your name and address. We'll send you a new card personalized with your name on it.
Look for a white envelope from NetSpend to arrive by mail within 7-10 business days of your request. The personalized card must be activated before you can use it.
It takes less than a minute. Order yours today!1
Activate Your Card
Once your new personalized card arrives in the mail, you must activate it before you can use it. Card activation is easy and fast:
- Activation takes just a minute or two
- Choose the purchase fee plan that's best for you
- Create an online account for managing your money
- Sign up for free Anytime AlertsTM text messages
Activate Your Card or call
It's easy to add money:
- Set up free Direct Deposit of your paycheck or Government Benefits.
- Visit any of the more than 100,000 NetSpend Reload Network Locations throughout the U.S. to add cash or checks (fee may apply)
- Transfer money using PayPal®, a checking or savings account, or another NetSpend card account
Using The Card
Make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® and Visa® debit cards are accepted
- Make purchase at stores, over the phone and online
- Withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide
- Pay bills, rent, and other necessities
Managing Your Money
Powerful Tools Put You in Control
- Log in to the online Account Center to see your balance, your deposits and transaction history.
- Pay bills online instantly, or schedule recurring or future payments.
- Create a budget. Staying within a budget is easy when you use our planning tools.
- Sign up for Anytime AlertsTM Receive a text message the instant your money is available, and track your card account balance after every transaction.