How to Add Money to a Prepaid Card
We give easy ways to add money to your card account.
Set up free Direct Deposit, visit a participating convenience store, including any in your neighborhood, and more.
Get paid up to 2 days faster!1
Direct Deposit is the easy and free way to add money to your NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card. It eliminates the hassles of cashing checks:
- NO fees to cash or load direct deposited checks
- NO paper check, so NO risk of losing it
- NO need to wait in line at a check-cashing store or a bank
- NO fear of losing your cash or having it stolen
Plus, after you make at least $500 in Direct Deposits of payroll or government benefits in one calendar month, you qualify for FREE upgrade to a NetSpend Premier® Prepaid Card.
Set up free Direct Deposit for:
- Tax Refunds
- Pension and other regular payments
NetSpend Reload Network Locations
Add cash or checks to your NetSpend card account at any of more than 100,000 locations, including:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Check cashing stores
- MoneyGram® agents
- Western Union® agents
Our Reload Center Locator helps you find the lowest cost locations nearest you.
Bank Account Transfers
Add money from virtually any U.S.-issued bank account
If you have a checking or savings account or a bank debit card, use it to add money to your NetSpend card account.
- Add money from most checking and savings accounts, or from any debit card with the Visa® or MasterCard® logo
- Invite friends or family to add funds to your card account from their bank accounts
Choose from two ways to transfer money: INSTANT Bank Transfers or FREE bank transfers.
Use PayPal® to load money to your card for FREE
Transferring funds to a NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card is easy and free when you use PayPal.
- Use PayPal to send money to your NetSpend card
- Friends or family can send funds to you from their bank accounts
The money is normally available within 2 to 3 business days when you use this method.
NetSpend Card Account Transfers
It's simple to transfer money from one NetSpend card account to another
- Transfer money between your own NetSpend card accounts
- Transfer money to other NetSpend cardholders or have them pay you
- Transferring money online is free. Transferring money using the NetSpend toll-free automated phone service costs $1.00.
NetSpend Reload Packs
Convenient for adding money when you don't have your card with you
NetSpend Reload Packs are available at many retail locations. They're the perfect solution:
- When you don't have your card with you
- If you want to load money to someone else's NetSpend card
- Find a retailer near you that sells NetSpend Reload Packs
Get tax refunds faster1
Want to get your refund as quickly as possible? Tell the IRS to electronically deposit your refund directly to your NetSpend card account.
- It's Fast: Direct Deposit gets your refund to you much sooner than having a paper check mailed to you.
- It's Secure: The U.S. Post Office returns thousands of refund checks to the IRS as undeliverable mail. Direct Deposit ensures you'll receive your refund.
- It's Convenient: Your tax refund goes directly into your NetSpend card account. You don't have to make a special trip to the check-cashing store or bank.
- It's Easy: Follow the simple refund delivery instructions when completing your tax return.
- It's Free: Direct Deposit is FREE.