There aren’t many more important things you can do to protect your money from fraud than by protecting your Netspend Prepaid Card itself! Your card is the portal by which all of your money is accessed, so it’s vital that you keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
Here are some tips for protecting your prepaid card:
- Don’t share your Card Account number or Personal Identification Number (PIN) with anyone.
- Don’t write your PIN on your card. If someone steals your card, they can withdraw all your money.
- Avoid letting friends or family use your card so that they don’t make unauthorized purchases.
- Sign up for Anytime Alerts™ and then activate them. It’s free, and you’ll be notified with a text message or email every time a transaction hits your account. (Standard message and data rates may apply.)
- If you see an unauthorized transaction on your account, call us at 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363) immediately so we can protect your account.
- If your card is lost or stolen, call us immediately at 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363) so we can make sure that anyone who finds your card can’t use it. You can also sign into your Online Account Center and report your card lost or stolen under the Help tab. (There is a fee associated with the replacement of a lost, stolen, or damaged card. Please see your Cardholder Agreement or online Account Center for details.)
- Netspend will not email or text you to ask for your card number, PIN, social security number, online username or password. If you get a call you did not request, hang up and call the number on the back of your card and report it to us. If you receive a suspicious email, please forward the entire email to email@example.com. Please forward the email, rather than cutting and pasting the content of the email, so that Netspend may review valuable tracking information about the email’s source. If you receive a text message requesting personal information, call the number on the back of your card and report the communication to us before deleting the text message. Do not click on links within an email or text message and do not disclose any personal or account information in response to a suspicious email or text message.
Remember, we will never call you and ask you for your account information unless you’ve specifically asked us for a call back! By protecting your physical card, you stop criminals from easily accessing your funds!