NetSpend Tax Season Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR ACCOUNT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: NetSpend Tax Season Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of NetSpend Corporation, NetSpend distributors, ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: NetSpend Corporation, 701 Brazos Street, Suite 1200, Austin, TX 78701. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2009 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on April 15, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
Limit: Up to twenty (20) entries per person, regardless of method or combination of methods of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or NetSpend Card account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain entries in violation of these rules or more entries than permitted by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing and Winner Notification: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select ten (10) potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around May 14, 2009. The potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone, according to the contact information provided on the registration form. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his or her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason or remains unclaimed for ten (10) days, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after all winners are confirmed.
6. Prizes: TEN (10) GRAND PRIZES: Each Grand Prize consists of the following: $5,000 loaded onto winner's NetSpend Card. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $5,000. If winner does not have a NetSpend Card, Sponsor will provide instructions on how to apply for one; no fees or costs are required to apply for a NetSpend Card. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and all other fees and expenses associated with card usage, prize receipt and/or use. If a winner does not have a NetSpend Card and does not qualify for one or chooses not to apply for one, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute $5,000 cash.
Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $50,000.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, NetSpend distributors, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than September 14, 2009. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "NetSpend Tax Season Sweepstakes, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
14. Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor's mailing list, call 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363) and your name will be removed within sixty (60) days of the request.
� 2009 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.
At NetSpend, we recognize that the trust of our customers is one of our most important assets. As such, our primary goal is to deliver innovative payment products and world-class service while ensuring the integrity and sanctity of our customer's privacy. The following outlines some of the steps that we take on a daily basis to ensure that our customer's information is secure, private, and used only in a manner consistent with our customer's wishes.
We will safeguard, according to our strict standards of security and confidentiality, any and all information our customers share with us. We use advanced security techniques and processes designed to protect the integrity and privacy of our customer's information, particularly when this information is used by our employees and partners to provide customer service.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources: (i) information we receive from you on applications or other forms; (ii) information about your transactions with us, or others such as your account balance, transaction history, parties to transactions and Card usage; and (iii) information we received from third parties, including government agencies, consumer-reporting agencies such as your tax identification number and credit worthiness and credit history. We advise our customers about the general uses of the information we collect about them, and we will gladly and promptly provide additional explanation if our customers request it.
We may disclose aggregate information about our customers and former customers to third parties with whom we may have a joint marketing agreement, or those companies who perform marketing services on our behalf. This includes all information we may collect directly or indirectly from you.
We give our customers choices as to how their information is used, if at all. We provide our customers with the opportunity to remove their names used for mail, telephone or online marketing upon initial customer contact and subsequently on an annual basis. This opt out choice includes products and services offered by NetSpend Corporation and our affiliate marketing partners, and customers may easily opt out by contacting us via U.S. mail or telephone.
Except as outlined above, we limit the release of customer information. In addition to providing our customers with the opportunity to opt out of marketing offers, we release information only with the customer's consent or request, or when we are required to do so by law or other regulatory authority. When a court order or subpoena requires us to release customer information, we notify the customer promptly in order to provide the customer with the opportunity to exercise their legal rights. The only exception to this policy is when we are prohibited from notifying the customer by law or due to a court order, or in cases in which fraud, money laundering and/or criminal or illegal activity is suspected.
We quickly respond to our customer's requests for explanation. In the event that we deny service or choose to end a customer's relationship, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we will provide a prompt and detailed explanation if requested.
Updating customer information. Should customers need to update any information they have previously supplied to us, they may contact NetSpend Customer Service at 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363) from 8:00AM to 10:00AM CT, Monday through Friday and 8:00AM to 8:00PM CT, Saturday and Sunday. Or email at email@example.com.
If you wish to opt out of our, and our partner's, marketing offers, please contact us via U.S. mail at the following address:
PO Box 2136
Austin, TX 78768-2136
The information above applies to all of our customers, including those that transact primarily on the Internet.
NetSpend Corporation also participates in the Council of Better Business Bureaus' BBBOnLine Reliability Program. For more information about BBBOnLine® Reliability Program, please see: BBBOnLine (http://www.bbbonline.org).
NetSpend collects "referrers" information, IP addresses, and various environmental variables.
This information is collected to enhance web site security and to detect broad member trends.
The NetSpend website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under its control. All personal and account activity information collected on and used by the netspend.com web site is not accessible by the public or via the Internet. All accesses to our databases wherein personal information is kept are logged for security purposes and access is limited to key personnel. All personal information, account activity and purchasing activities are protected via user names and passwords. All user-specific activities (those that are accessed during and after a user logs-in with their user name and password) are protected using a secure communications encryption technology called SSL.
SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is a security feature that creates an encrypted connection between the client (your computer) and our server (netspend.com), which prevents the interception and inappropriate use of this critical data. Transactions through a server using SSL are far safer than using a credit card at other retail establishments. It is much easier for credit card thieves to sift through trashcans at banks or retailers than to harness the genius and super computing power necessary to decrypt the small bits of secure data transmitted during an SSL connection. The point is that our customer's greatest risk for exposure of personal or financial information and transactions is NOT the use of properly secured sites such as netspend.com, but rather from information made available by their everyday activities.